Position Title: Data Scientist
Location: Geneva – Full time
Tsquared’s products are market research tools that provide corporate clients with on-demand consumer insights derived from analyzing large datasets. The user of these products are market researchers working in the consumer market insights divisions of major corporations.
Data science work is carried out by a hybrid R&D team of in-house softare developers, data scientists and external developers.
The Data Scientist is co-responsible for the company’s big data environment with respect to all available big data sources. He/she is in charge of development, construction and maintenance of the data architecture, which allows for large-scale processing systems made available to the project teams.
- Ensure that the adopted data architecture and processing methods will support the requirements of the business.
- Guarantee the integrity and quality of processed data which is available to all business units.
- Develop new tools and methods of data acquisition that contribute to both R&D and analysis teams.
Gatekeepig the company’s data ecosystem.
- Guarantee industry-grade security of the data by controlling access rights and configuring best-in class security systems.
- Managing the equilibrium between data servicing cost and quality of processing by implementing efficient solutions
Quality control, validation and delivery of big data
- Ensure delivery and availability of properly transformed and cleaned data to be used by project teams
- Provide technical expertise with regards to potential data sources and feasibility of new value propositions
Development of new tools and solution
- Provide business units with new tools related to data acquisition that allow the company to increase its value proposition
- Keep in touch with the latest developments in big data engineering to make sure the company is using the most performant and reliable technologies
Educational and professional skills
- MsC degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Machine Learning or similar quantitative field.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in building pipelines for conventional, unstructured, streaming or big data sets
- Experience in administration of AWS environments.
- Understanding of parallelized data ingestion & computing techniques (i.e. HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, etc.).
- Extensive knowledge of SQL (practical experience required).)
- Experience with Version Control Systems (Git)
- English level minimum C1 of the European Framework for languages
- Automation of systems management, monitoring & testing.
- Experience with applied statistics/econometrics li>
- Linux/Unix administration.
- Pragmatic attitude and ability to rapidly iterate and transform ideas into products.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good presentation skills
- Business-oriented attitude
- MUT HAVE: authorized to work in Switzerland (Swiss native or EU national or holding a C/B/G permit)
For more about careers at Tsquared, visit us at: http://www.tsquaredinsights.comPlease send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.