Last September, Tsquared Insights was selected among more than 400 organizations to present an innovative research in the ESOMAR Congress 2017 in Amsterdam. Founded in 1948, ESOMAR is a leading market and opinion research community that aims to endorse and promote data analytics and insights around the world. ESOMAR Congress, the biggest event in the industry, gathers every year the top global brands and marketing and research professionals to exchange on new approaches such as the power of data, AI, behavioral science, automation and the latest innovations in market research.
It was decided that one of the best ways to convey Tsquared’s groundbreaking methodology would be a presentation based on a business case and delivered jointly with a client. What Mathieu Trepanier, Tsquared’s CEO aimed to share with the audience was how Tsquared’s approach was used to provide our client with key insights that ultimately helped the company understand the ‘natural’ trend evolving in the US and UK markets to make relevant decisions in product innovation.
Clarifying the meaning the ‘natural’ term had for consumers and studying each one of its micro trends – organic, natural, vegan, gluten-free, whole, raw, superfoods, etc. – was crucial to:
• Understand the actual behaviors and attitudes of the audience group interested in purchasing ‘natural’ in the US market
• Identify important sub-audiences in the US and UK
• Use search data to describe an ideal product for the ‘natural’ audience in the UK in 2017. This new product description would be based in insights obtained on the audience’s preferences in terms of product type and main flavor, ingredient claims, and villain ingredients – ingredients that consumers place value on being able to avoid.
The main advantages that Tsquared Insights’ methodology offered our client in addition to the ones traditional methodologies bring can be summarized as follows:
• Reliable and scalable data aggregation from the total search activity taking place in major search engines
• Non-intrusive observation avoiding cognitive bias as a benefit of Online Search Insights
• Speed and timeliness thanks to the use of retrospective data
Thanks to Tsquared’s cutting-edge technology application to the case study, a full range of relevant findings was unveiled. They key finding was that the studied audience consisted in fact in two differentiated segments: one more interested in organic ingredients as part of a healthy lifestyle, involved in activities related to health and with an environmental concern; and another group more interested in vegan, gluten-free and ‘natural’ food, with general consumption patterns. The first audience showed a more ‘upscale’ lifestyle, while the second one cut across socio-economic groups.
After the Esomar Congress, Tsquared will continue to share its revolutionary methodology and vision in other high-profile events. Tsquared’s CEO Mathieu Trépanier has been invited as a speaker to the Adetem Factory, which will take place on November 15th in Paris. Founded in 1954, Adetem is the leading association of Marketing Executives in France. Alongside other 20 speakers from top companies like Google, Kantar TNS or Microsoft, Mathieu Trepanier will present how Artificial Intelligence boosts marketing efficiency and transforms customer experience.